Decision-support aids ranging from advanced situational awareness to completely automated voyage planning.
ECS & ECDIS
Navigation software that displays complete positional information from navigation sensors on electronic navigational charts to assist in route planning and monitoring.
- Includes Navi-Planner Voyage Planning Tool.
- Ready for upgradation to a connected ECDIS, NAVTEX integration.
- Ready for chart and data packages.
- All accessories for the installation included.
- Annual Support Agreement (ASA) for improved uptime via remote access, reduces maintenance cost whilst supporting your crews on board the vessel with the virtual service engineer.
- Compliant with latest IMO regulations for ECDIS.
- Global network for servicing and spare parts.
- Online and offline training available worldwide.
- Intuitive and advanced route planning allows safe and efficient navigation.
- Real time monitoring allows to trace global sailing patterns, consider weather, currents, vessel-specific power demand and build vessel speed vs. fuel profile, optimize voyage route, and decrease costs.
- Wärtsilä TADS brings official chart data to your ECDIS (see Additional information).
- Easy upgrades to Navi-Radar and Navi-Conning.
- Future-ready with full integration option with Wärtsilä Fleet Operations Solution.
- Solid cybersecurity, remote updates, and maintenance.
NR 4000 is a PC-based radar system with advanced ARPA, AIS and Chart Radar facilities,usually integrated with Navi-Sailor ECDIS and its navigational data for the best situational awareness.
- User friendly, clear, and logically structured interface: Wärtsilä Navi-Radar 4000 is consistent with all other MFD tasks.
- Pre-calculated motion vectors: Even before the operator acquires a target, the radar already selects potential targets and provides you with instant vector and object data.
- Target association: Its built-in filters can associate any AIS and ARPA target to provide reliable, real-time data, selected by the operator.
- Trial Manoeuvring function: Calculates the ship’s safe manoeuvre in real-time vis-à-vis target motion lines and the planned ship motion line along with the selection of different parameters of the intended manoeuvre.
- Filter lost targets: In heavily trafficked areas, focusing is key to avoiding dangerous situations. Operator-defined target filters warn you only when necessary.
- Chart Radar: Efficient multi-loading and display of electronic charts where ENC/SENC or TX-97 charts can be presented as an underlay simultaneously with individually created MAPs.
- Acquires and processes up to 80 ARPA targets, displays of up to 256 AIS targets and associates AIS targets with ARPA targets.
- Includes advanced clutter suppression with improved auto sea and offshore/harbour mode and 3-level accumulation.
- Provides D3D video acceleration for trails presentation, enabling saving trails when switching modes.
- Integrates with Navi-Sailor 4000 ECDIS to provide:
- fully integrated navigational data for the best situational awareness.
- shared targets, routes, charts, settings between ECDIS and radar.
- adds radar overlay to the ECDIS for additional navigation safety.
- Displays additional data in the left Conning panel such as from the Echo Sounder, Wind Sensor, Set/Drift, monitored route data, Heading and ROT, and water and ground speeds.
Nautical Digital Services and Chart collections
From nautical leisure charts and catalogues to publications and Marpol, including the UKHO (United Kingdom Hydrographic Office) materials to allow global coverage and a wide range of additional data services.
All materials and accompanying services are offered for ECDIS and can be customized specifically to your needs.
Pays as you Sail
With the Wärtsilä Voyage PAYS solution the vessel will have a licence and access to install, view and pre-plan using official ENCs provided in (S)ENC format, in areas where the necessary PAYS permissions have been obtained, without any additional cost.
With ‘Pay As You Sail recording and reporting of charts used is done by extraction of data from the Wärtsilä Navi-Sailor 4000 ECDIS logbook, and vessels only pay for charts actually used for navigation monitoring.
Using this method, only charts that have been displayed on the screen together with ship’s position or generated navigational alarms will be subject to licensing.
The service also includes functionality for accessing chart licences and corrections online with the ECDIS.
The ‘Pay As You Sail’ system communicates via a firewalled gateway for licensing, corrections and to send chart reports. The gateway operates via a secure internet connection from the vessel’s Navi-Sailor 4000 ECDIS to the Wärtsilä Chart Server.
This configuration also allows for remote support and maintenance on the ECDIS from shore.
Wärtsilä Pilot Pro
The system is designed to assist pilots and navigation officers in their everyday activities.
Pilot PRO supports local navigational information, such as tidal currents, tidal reference points (high & low water, graphical diagram) and weather forecast data (wind, wave, air pressure, precipitation).
All necessary tools in one application:
- Navigational Warnings and Alarms.
- Docking Mode.
- Ship Maneuvering Predictor.
- Fender Lines and Auto Distances.
- AIS Target Meeting Points & Rendezvous Points (RDV) on a selected route.
- Navigational data exchange via standard connection types to additional or on-board equipment (AIS Transponder and others), secured data feed from VTS, etc.
- Intended for Navigation, Docking and Mooring operations.
- Multi-Language support.
- Supports interfacing to AIS Pilot Plug and Independent PPU sensors.
- S-63, S-57 and TX-97 ENCs and updates.
- Virtual Boarding, Advanced Data Logging and Playback for situation awareness and training capabilities.
- Ready for e-Nav integration with VTS and Pilot Management systems.
Port Traffic Management
Port and Traffic Management Solutions provide intelligent tools and digital technologies for perfectly coordinated vessel traffic in ports and efficient port operations. The system allows to ensure seamless maritime traffic control, vessel, and coast monitoring and provide tools to ensure Just-in-Time arrivals. It also enables eye-to-eye collaboration between ships and shores and offer coast-to-coast monitoring and advanced decision support.
- Monitor: collect and process data & create common operational pictures.
- Alert: analyse traffic, detect hazards and increase situational awareness.
- Respond: advanced decision supports & ship-to-shore communication.
- Fully customizable products to fit exact needs.
- Wide range of configurations from port VTS to regional and national systems.
- Full compliance with international standards and requirements.
- Support for extensive range of sensors from different manufacturers.
- Eye-to-eye collaboration.
- Wide range of own training courses covering the different maritime domains.
- High-quality content and extremely realistic simulation with authentic equipment replicas.
- Ultimate flexibility for all users in terms of location, scale, and type of training they deploy.
- Available in several configurations enabling a flexible and collaborative environment for training compliance with all international standards and regulations.
- GMDSS Simulator
- ECDIS Simulator
- Offshore and DP Simulator
- Ice Navigation Simulator
- Fishing Simulator
- SAR (Search and Rescue) Operations Simulator
- Survival Craft Simulator
- Oil Spill Response Simulator
- VTS Simulation and Training Solutions
- Naval Applications
- Verified simulated behaviours against actual Wärtsilä equipment such as W31 Hybrid Drive, LNGPac™ and Aquarius BWTS.
- e-Tutor makes the assessment process more straightforward both for the instructor and the trainee.
- Smart Realities enable immersive training via interactive Virtual Reality walkthroughs and equipment maintenance.
- Cloud simulation service allows access from anywhere for instructors and trainees, with online data storage.
- Multi-language supports localisation and reduces the language barrier.
- Blended learning through various mediums, including physical installations, online cloud simulators, and even flexible VR solutions.
- Flexible set-ups that are suitable for different training needs and business models: one-off purchase, subscription model, pay-as-you-use (cloud simulation), and the possibility to add or remove models.
- Training applications include, but are not limited to:
- Engine room equipment familiarisation
- Tanker arrangement and cargo handling facilities familiarisation
- LNG bunkering and fuel gas supply systems familiarisation
- System layout and flow diagrams
- Control system and automation
- Alarm and safety systems
- Watch keeping and troubleshooting
- Cargo handling operations in standard and emergencies
- Emission control and fuel economy management
- Engine resource management
- Efficiency training
- High voltage electrical training
- IGF Code training
- Instructor workplace functionality, shared between Engine Room and Liquid Cargo Handling simulators, allows exercise preparation, online control, monitoring of student learning process, and exercise briefing and debriefing.
- The e-Tutor application guides trainees via operating procedures and emergency responses, automatically assessing their performance and keeping records of their results.
- Trainee Workplace offers numerous remote and local functionalities corresponding to the selected Engine Room or Liquid Cargo Handling model.
- Up to date: Always get the latest available version of the simulator.
- Costs effective: No hardware administration, upgrades or maintenance costs.
- Smart support: Qualified technical support engineers make sure your solution is up and running when you schedule it.
- Accessibility: Available online, anytime, and anywhere in the world, via the Internet.
- Compatibility: It is the same simulator software as your classroom installation, just a different delivery method.
- Enhanced remote collaboration: Invite instructors from anywhere in the world to deliver the training.
- Flexible configuration: Use the number of workplaces you need.
- Adaptability: Try it before you buy it and pay for the use only.
- Easy content management: Build courses, assign them to students, and accurately track the results — all seamlessly.
- Virtual Reality solutions help prepare tomorrow’s seafarers for a ship environment that is becoming increasingly complex.
- Cost-effective and fully immersive XR solution.
- Combining today’s technology with 25 years of experience in hi-fidelity hydrodynamical, mathematical and physical modelling.
- One platform that complements your existing simulator or can be applied even as a stand-alone solution.
- Use the same functionalities, exercises, models, and databases as your traditional simulator setup, just delivered via a hi-tech and more effective learning method.